this is the first official announcement of ALCOMA 20
(international conference on algebraic combinatorics and applications).
It will take place in Kloster Banz close to Lichtenfels and Bamberg, Germany, from March 29th to April 4th, 2020.
The intention is to bring together representatives of research groups that
work in particular in the following fields:
- Design theory
- Algebraic coding theory
- Finite geometry
- Finite group actions
- Finite fields
- Association schemes
- Subspace codes
- Rank-metric codes
- Distance regular graphs
- Frame theory
- Combinatorial algorithms
- Applications: focussing on, but not limited to
data transmission, CPU cooling, CPU security,
nano-structure storage, distributed storage,
network coding, post-quantum cryptography, DNA-codes,
private information retrieval,
batch codes, locally recoverable codes.
There will be invited talks by:
- Peter Cameron, St. Andrews, Great Britain
- Bence Csajbók, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary
- Emily King, University of Bremen, Germany and Colorado State University, USA
- Akihiro Munemasa, Tohoku University, Japan
- Esmeralda Nastase, Xavier College, USA
- Kai-Uwe Schmidt, University of Paderborn, Germany
- John Sheekey, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Eitan Yaakobi, Technion, Haifa, Israel
For more information and for registration please check the home page of
We would like to invite you to this conference and ask you to forward this
announcement to colleagues and students.
Call for papers
- Participants are invited to submit abstracts of their talk by 29/02/2020.
- To submit your abstract please follow the instructions given on the conference website
- The proceedings of the conference will be published as a dedicated volume of the journal:
Advances in Mathematics of Communications.
The call for papers is also available on the website.
With thanks in advance and with best regards,
Michael Kiermaier, Sascha Kurz, Alfred Wassermann